Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. We have the following vacancy and are looking for a talented individual with a strong desire to contribute to humanitarian work and commit to the aims and values of MSF to join our team in Taipei.
Head of Communications
In collaboration with the General Director and with the support of the Regional Comms Director, the Head of Communications plans, coordinates, directs and oversees strategies, activities and staff members engaged in developing messages and content as per the Communication department above objectives. He/She should provide specific support on content creation, editorial quality, strategic communications, and innovative use of digital tools.
As a member of the MSF Taiwan Management Team, the Head of Communications participates in of MSF Taiwan strategic & annual plans, developing collective decisions and setting priorities for the office, approving internal policies, and making collective recommendations to the Board of Directors, the Regional office. He/She also collaborates closely with other MT members to ensure cross-departmental interaction and coordination.
The Head of Communications works as part of a global communications network and is required to develop a strong working relationship with that network, to support and disseminate communications for the whole of MSF. He/she also maintains regular relationships and interactions with counterparts in other MSF offices in formulating and administering organization-wide communication strategies and messages, and, when warranted ensure that MSF HK & family specific public positioning is appropriately represented.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the field of journalism or public relations, with at least 5 of those in a managerial/supervisory capacity
- Experience in leading campaigns to create change, and influence audiences
- Good knowledge of local and regional media in Taiwan
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF
- Experience in developing and managing crisis communications and digital engagement strategies
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms, their utility in amplifying messages, and their role as conveyors of rumors, non-credible health guidance, and mis/disinformation.
- Strong grasp of international affairs, geopolitics and the dynamics driving humanitarian crises.
- Solid understanding of best practice in digital engagement, transmedia storytelling, and communications innovation
- Ability to think clearly and take decisions under stress, and analyze, synthesize and present complex information in a convincing, straightforward and clear manner
- Ability to effectively present information on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Track record of data-led decision making
- Ability to work independently but also a good team player
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Good presentation and solid experience in translation and copy writing
- Ability to work under pressure and to respect deadlines
- Flexible working hours
How to apply?
Please apply with a letter of motivation (in English) and full resume (in both English and Chinese) with expected salary and date of earliest availability by e-mail to [email protected]. Applicants not invited for interview within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and be treated in strict confidence.
We welcome you to join our team. All personal information (photos, education and work experiences, letter of motivation etc.) received will be used solely for recruitment purpose. Your personal data will be strictly protected, please refer to our Privacy and Individual Data Protection Policy.